Posted in: Minutes

BOARD MINUTES: 15-June-2019

June 15, 2019

CALL TO ORDER:                                                               
8:20 am President, Melanie Fernandez KJ4VCT opened the meeting for Field Day Planning.

Members Present
Melanie Fernandez, Jeff Stahl, Ricki Witte, Rick Eaton, Joe McGee, Mike Wolfe,  Roy Neiman.

Resource: Erik Olmer  {  ABSENT: Kenny Hollenbeck, Dave Crane, Dan Vasilca                                                                                             }

SECRETARY NOTES: Our additional features this year will be: Solar Power, Satellite contact and Mickey will show his project. We will run as a 3A station with a GOTA station for guests to use.

Member’s Responsibilities:

Melanie: Along with Ricki, Sherry and Ralph will handle the food. NOTE: The club members must plan to eat around Noon. The dignitaries and visitors must be fed at 3PM. Melanie will also be in charge of the sale of the raffle tickets and gift certificates.

Mike: Has contacted the major TV channels and Newspapers and will send reminders next week. Mike asks that all pictures be forwarded to him, so that he can post them on the Facebook page. Mike will collect and send Radiograms to Kenny. He will also bring his 30 cup coffee urn and a griddle if needed.

Kenny: Will deliver the Radiograms on 80 meter outgoing traffic net.

Erik: Will secure as many proclamations as possible. He will also invite as many dignitaries as possible. Some have already agreed to attend. Erik will also post some pictures during Field Day. He will be the safety officer first and host second. States the Coco the K-9 will come as well as Elmo from Sesame Street.

Joe McGee: Has written and distributed a list of each member’s duties for Field Day.

He still needs more operators. Joe noted that he has to pick up his Son at the airport, so will turn off and refill the generator before he leaves. On Sunday June 23, breakdown, clean up and pack up will begin.

Rick: The new antenna is on order. Rick is in the process of setting up a remote receiver site. He is acquiring a new “Voter” at a good price. There is no tone on the repeater as the “Cat” controller will not take one at this time. Rick can control the repeater from home, so he doesn’t have to go to the repeater to make changes.

The noise problem is caused by something in the building.

Roy: Along with Erik, Dave Crane, Rhonda will man the Welcome Station and will sign them in, hand out information, take pictures and guide the visitors to their area of interest. NOTE: Paper handouts are available to remind guests to peak softly if near the radio operators. Avoid all antennas and any area cordoned off with yellow caution tape….Also, Mike and Roy will position the signs.

Jeff Stahl: Will man the GOTA station and hopefully set up a “Fox Hunt” if time permits.

Ricki: Will make chili and bring breakfast. On another matter, has drafted a letter to the IRS. Jeff will have a friend look at it too, regarding the 501 C application.

Mickey: Is to bring the Field Day signs. Also will conduct a class for visitors.


MEETING ADJOURNED:
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 AM EST by  President, Melanie Fernandez, KJ4VCT.

Respectfully submitted by Roy Neiman KJ4EGN, Secretary.