Posted in: Board, Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes, March 21, 2021

Meeting Date: March 21, 2021
Minutes Submitted by Charlie Artner (KN4VDW)
Gold Coast Amateur Radio Association

Gold Coast Amateur Radio Association

Board Meeting Minutes

I. Call to order 13:18 EDT (17:18 UTC)

Melanie Fernandez (KJ4VCT) called to order the Board Meeting of the Gold Coast Amateur Radio Association, Inc at 13:18 EDT (17:18 UTC) on March 21, 2021, on ZOOM. A quorum was present with 7 board members.

II. Old Business

Re-stated Articles of Corporation

  • Will be done Wednesday and filed. Will write check and reimbursement to save time

Send an email to members with new By-laws.

III. New Business

  • Distribution of new member names
    Erik will send out a monthly report containing the names of new members. In addition, Charlie Artner (KN4VDW), Melanie Fernandez (KJ4VCT) and Joe McGee (NX4T) can access the system at anytime and pull new names.
  • Member Roster
    Charlie Artner (KN4VDW) will send out an email with a survey asking the members whether they want a member roster on the website or not. Combined with that he will introduce himself as the new webmaster.
  • Increase capabilities for upcoming hurricane season.
    Everything is currently up and running. Nobody has yet been at the Boca repeater. There is a new repeater at the John Knox building and nobody knows who authorized this repeater. Frequency is 441.8 MHz with PL 110.9 and +5MHz. This repeater may be the reason for the interference with .610.
    All backup power supplies are working, and we will be up and running even if the power does go out. Regarding communication improvement with the EOC we are all set. The EOC can us our repeater at any time. 146,910 is on top of the tower across the street of the courthouse in downtown and is ready to be used by EOC as primary repeater if necessary.
    Voter Project for remote receive sites for the repeater – Charlie Artner (KN4VDW) will start promoting the project on the website and give members an opportunity to donate towards the project.
    John Knox during hurricane – Melanie Fernandez (KJ4VCT) will get in touch with Kirsten Whiting.
  • Social Hanging Around
    We need to advertise our HF remote station on our website. Melanie Fernandez (KJ4VCT) appointed Erik Olmer (W4EJO), Joe McGee (NX4T), Ricky Eaton (KD4HGR), and Jeff Stahl (K4BH) to the Special Event Committee to organize a Grant Opening/Open House in May. First progress report expected in two weeks from today.
  • Winlink Node on John Knox
    Charlie Artner (KN4VDW) and Jeff Stahl (K4BH) are proposing to add a winlink node on the John Knox repeater. Charlie Artner (KN4VDW) will look further into the matter. Ricky Eaton (KD4HGR) suggested to consider the UHF repeater at John Knox since nobody is really using this repeater.

 

IV. Adjournment

Melanie Fernandez (KJ4VCT) adjourned the meeting at 14:41 EDT (18:41 UTC).